Prof. Emeritus Eitan Kimmel
|Office||Silver Building, Room 267|
- 1984 PhD Faculty of Biomedical Engineering, Technion, Israel
- 1979 MSc Faculty of Biomedical Engineering, Technion, Israel
- 1973 BSc Faculty of Aerospace Engineering, Technion, Israel
- Kimmel E., Cavitation bioeffects. An invited review for Critical Reviews in Biomedical Engineering 34(2):105-62, 2006. (#C. 34). 2. Weintraub, Z, S. Ben-Zaken, A. Marmur, M. Hirsh, I. Cohen, M. Krausz, E. Kimmel. Alveolar morphometry in rat lungs with surfactant deficiency. Biology of the Neonate 89(4): 351-351,006.
- Lavon, I., N.Grossman, J. Kost, E. Kimmel, G. Enden. Bubble growth within the skin by rectified diffusion might play a significant role in sonophoresis. Journal of Controlled Release 117:246-255, 2007. (#C. 14).
- Kimmel, E., B. Krasovitski, A. Hoogi, D. Razansky, D. Adam. Subharmonic response of encapsulated microbubbles: conditions for existence and amplification. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology 33(11): 1767-1776, 2007. (#C. 11).
- Krasovitski B., H. Kislev, E. Kimmel. Photothermal and acoustical induced microbubble generation and growth. Ultrasonics 47:90-101, 2007. (#C. 14).
- Mizrahi, N., D. Seliktar, E. Kimmel. Ultrasound-induced angiogenic response in endothelial cells. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology 33(11): 1818-1829, 2007. (#C. 18).
- Or, M., E. Kimmel. Modeling linear vibration of cell nucleus in low intensity ultrasound field. Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology 35(6):1015-1025, 2009. (#C. 4).
- Hancock, H., L. Smith, J. Cuesta, A. Durrani, M. Angstadt, M. Palmeri, E. Kimmel, V. Frenkel. Investigations into Pulsed High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound–Enhanced Delivery: Preliminary Evidence for a Novel Mechanism Ultrasound in Medicine and Biology 35(10):1722-1736, 2009. (#C. 36).
- Krasovitski, B., A. Goldring, A. Harari, E. Kimmel. Growth and collapse of a vapor bubble and shock wave emission around a holmium laser beam: Theory and experiments. Bubble Science, Engineering and Technology 2(1):17-24, 2010.
- Oliven, E., R. Kaufman R. Kaynan, R. Oliven, U. Steinfeld , N. Tov, M. Odeh, L. Gaitini, A.R. Schwartz, E. Kimmel.. Mechanical parameters determining pharyngeal collapsibility in patients with sleep apnea. Journal of Applied Physiology 109:1037-1044, 2010. (#C. 7).
- Krasovitski, B., V. Frenkel, S. Shoham, E. Kimmel. Intramembrane cavitation as a unifying mechanism for ultrasound induced bioeffects. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 108(8):3258-3263, 2011. (#C.38).
- Mizrahi, N., E. Zhou, G. Lenormand, R. Krishnan, D.Weihs, J.P. Butler, D.A. Weitz, J.J. Fredberg, E. Kimmel. Therapeutic ultrasound perturbs cytoskeleton dynamics. Soft Matter 8:2438-2443, 2012.
- Naor, O., Y. Hertzberg, E. Zemmel, E. Kimmel, S. Shoham. Towards multifocal ultrasonic neural stimulation II: design considerations for an acoustical retinal prosthesis. Journal of Neural Engineering 2012. doi:10.1088/1741-2560/9/2/026006 (#C.2)
- Plaksin, M., S. Shoham, E. Intramembrane cavitation as a predictive bio-piezoelectric mechanism for ultrasonic brain stimulation. Accepted for publication in Physical Review X.
- Ultrasound-based controlled drug release to treat cancer
- Modeling the viscoelasticity of tissues and cells and measuring it with ultrasound
- Method for guiding stem cell differentiation with ultrasound
- Ultrasonic excitation of excitable tissues in the brain, peripheral nervous system and heart
- Ultrasonic imaging based on intramembrane cavitation
- Study of inner ear function and its connection to the brain, based on otoacoustic emission
- Creation of microbubbles in cells, cellular tissue in general and in the brain in particular, following shock waves, explosions and decompression