The Faculty of Biomedical Engineering offers companies participating in the Industry Relations Program a rich benefits package that includes the areas of research and development, education and teaching, human resources, public relations and marketing.
The benefits package is the basis of an ongoing dialogue between academia and industry. Companies participating in the program are invited to offer ideas and initiatives for other joint activities in accordance with their specific needs.
Research and Development
- Joint research between industry and faculty members in a variety of fields in which the Faculty of Biomedical Engineering specializes.
- Assistance in finding partners for joint research proposals funded by the Israeli Office of the Chief Scientist and the European Union.
- Identifying needs in the research and development field among companies and making connections with existing faculty resources.
- Options for publication of companies’ research and development in the Faculty publication channels.
- Participation in and presentation of research and developments by the companies’ employees in faculty seminars held once a week, attended by students and faculty members.
Teaching and Education
- Possibility of supervising projects and mentoring undergraduate students in their final project during the Projects in the Industry course
- Students visit companies’ development/production site as part of the course Meetings with the BME Industry
- Attendance at conferences, open days and faculty seminars
- Possible guest lectures as part of the course Meetings with the BME Industry
- Guest lecture possibilities for suitable company employees
- Lecture opportunity at the annual Biomedical Engineering Conference (ISMBE)
- Meetings with students for dialogue and mutual enrichment
- Auditing options for company employees in Faculty courses (by previous arrangement)
- Access to Faculty Library Services (by previous arrangement and in compliance with Technion regulations)
Human Resources and Recruiting
- Possibility of holding an exclusive company “Open House” for advertisement and student recruitment
- Participation at the annual Faculty employment fair
- Distribution of company jobs via email to Faculty students and alumni
- Job posting on the Faculty website
- Job posting on the Faculty’s social media pages (Facebook, Linkedin)
PR and Marketing
- Display of company logo on Faculty website and link to company’s website
- Publication of company activities in the Faculty (seminar, company “Open House”, etc.) on the electronic boards throughout the Faculty
- Possibility of presenting technological exhibitions in the Faculty building
- Exposure of the company to Faculty members and students at all levels
- Scholarships sponsorship for Faculty students
- Sponsorship of conferences and Faculty events