Assoc. Prof. Landesberg Amir
Molecular Cardiology Research Laboratory
|Job Title||Program Director of Dual Degree in Biomedical Engineering and Medicine|
|Office||Silver Building, Room 346|
- 1993 DSc Faculty of Biomedical Engineering, Technion, Israel
- 1986 MD Cum Laude, Medicine, Technion, Israel
- 1985 BSc Cum Laude, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Technion, Israel
- Prof. Amir Landesberg held a post doctoral fellowship at the University of Calgary Health Science Center from 1997-8, and joined the Department of Biomedical Engineering at the Technion as a senior lecturer in 1998. Dr. Landesberg is the coordinator of the Molecular Cardiology Laboratory, the Laboratory for Isolated Cardiac Muscle Studies and of the In Situ Cardiovascular Research Laboratory.
- Yaniv Y., R. Sivan, Landesberg A. Stability controllability and observability of the four state model: Model of the sarcomere control of contraction. Annals of Biomedical Engineering. 34 (5), 778–789, 2006.
- Levy C., Landesberg A. Cross-bridge Dependent Cooperativity Determines the Cardiac Force-Length Relationship. Journal of Molecular and Cellular Cardiology. 40; 639–647, 2006.
- ter Keurs, H.E.D.J., Wakayama Y., Miura ., Shinozaki T., Stuyvers B.D., Boyden P.A. and A. Landesberg. Arrhythmogenic Calcium release from cardiac myofilaments. Progress in Biophysics and Molecular biology. 90; 151–171, 2006.
- Tchaicheeyan Oren and A. Landesberg, Regulation of Energy Liberation during Steady Sarcomere Shortening. Am. J. Physiol.- Heart Circ Physiol: 289: H2176–H2182, 2005.
- Yaniv Y., Sivan R. and A. Landesberg. The force sarcomere length relation during sinusoidal oscillations, identification of the sarcomere control of contraction. Am J. Physiol. 288, H389-H399, 2005.
- Levy C., Landesberg A. Hysteresis in the force-length relation in the ardiac muscle. Am J. Physiol. Heart Circ. Physiol. 286, H434-H441. 2004
- ter Keurs H. E.D.J, Dies N., Landesberg A., Guyen T.T., Livshitz L., tyvers B. and M.L. Zhang. Force, Sarcomere shortening velocity and ATPase Activity. Molecular Mechanism of Muscle Contraction. Advance in Experimental Medicine and Biology. 538, 586-602, 2003.
- Landesberg A, Sideman S. Force-Velocity Relationship and biochemical to mechanical energy conversion by the sarcomere. Am J Physiol, 278 (4) H1274-1284, 2000.
- Landesberg A, Sideman S. Regulation of energy consumption in the cardiac muscle: analysis of isometric contractions. Am J Physiol 276: H998-H1011, 1999.
- Landesberg A, Markhasin VS, Beyar R, Sideman S. Effect of cellular inhomogeneity on cardiac tissue mechanics based on intracellular control mechanism. Am J Physiol 270: H1101-H1114, 1996.
- Landesberg A. End-systolic pressure-volume relation based on the intracellular control of contraction. Am J Physiol 270: H338-H349, 1996.
- Landesberg A, Sideman S. Coupling calcium binding to troponin-C and crossbridge cycling in skinned cardiac cells. Am J Physiol 266:H1260-H1266, 1994.
- Control and modeling in biomedical systems
- Electro-mechanical coupling. (Excitation-Contraction Coupling)
- Cardiac mechanics
- Heart failure
- Cardiac assist devices
- Dynamics of the muscle motor unit
- Cardiorespiratory coupling and cardiorespiratory endurance
- Regulation of energy conversion in muscles