Dr. Arielle Fischer
Technion BioMotion Lab
|Office||Silver Building, Room 117|
|Link to Lab||https://www.fischerbiomotionlab.com|
- 2016 PhD Mechanical Engineering, Technion, Israel
- 2013 MSc Mechanical Engineering,Technion, Israel
- 2011 BSc Mechanical Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- 2009 BSc candidate Mechanical Engineering, MIT- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 2020 Assistant Professor, Faculty of Biomedical Engineering,Technion, Israel
- 2016-2020 Postdoctoral Fellow, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, USA
- 2017-2020 Research Associate, Veteran Affairs Palo Alto Health Care Division, Palo Alto, USA
- 2015-2016 Researcher, Department of musculoskeletal System, the Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne (EPFL), Lausanne University Hospital (CHUV) and
- Fischer, A.G., Erhart-Hledik, J.C., Asay, J.L., Chu, C.R. and Andriacchi, T.P. Utilizing the Somatosensory System via Vibratory Stimulation to Mitigate Knee Pain during Walking: Randomized Clinical Trial. Gait & Posture. 2020.
- Andriacchi, T.P., Griffin, T.M., Loeser Jr, R.F., Chu, C.R., Roos, E.M., Hawker, G.A., Erhart-Hledik, J.C. and Fischer, A.G. Bridging Disciplines as a pathway to Finding New Solutions for Osteoarthritis a collaborative program presented at the 2019 Orthopaedic Research Society and the Osteoarthritis Research Society International. Osteoarthritis and Cartilage Open. 2020.
- Fischer, A.G., Erhart-Hledik, J.C., Chu, C.R., Asay, J.L. and Andriacchi, T.P. Changes in stair ascent biomechanics two to eight years after ACL reconstruction are associated with patient-reported outcomes. Gait & Posture, 69, pp.91-95. 2019.
- Fischer, A.G., Ulrich, B., Hoffmann, L., Jolles, B.M. and Favre, J. Effect of lateral wedge length on ambulatory knee kinetics. Gait & posture, 63, pp.114-118. 2018.
- Fischer, A.G., Debbi, E.M. and Wolf, A. Effects of body weight unloading on electromyographic activity during overground walking. Journal of Electromyography and Kinesiology, 25(4), pp.709-714. 2015.
- Fischer, A.G. and Wolf, A. Assessment of the effects of body weight unloading on overground gait biomechanical parameters. Clinical Biomechanics, 30(5), pp.454-461. 2015.
- Multidisciplinary approach to understanding the complex nature of musculoskeletal pathologies such as Osteoarthritis
- Investigate mechanics of sports injuries, military injuries, and joint trauma
- Develop and implement sensor technologies and smart wearable devices
- Improve joint rehabilitation and prevent joint and muscular pathologies
- Signal analysis including Electromyography and Biomechanics of movement
- Investigate the dynamic interactions between biomarkers and biomechanics of movement
- Use and development of novel motion tracking systems
- Detection of structural system components by using newly developed MRI imaging techniques
- Use machine learning algorithms on large datasets to develop predictive models for early detection and prevention of joint pathologies
- Collect Big Data sets in real-life environment for ML algorithms